Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Progress








One month ago today I started my blog, so I thought it would be a good time to check on my progress with the goals I set for myself. I’ll address them one by one:

Post at least 5 times per week (except when I'm out of town).
I surprised myself by actually posting every single day. I did give myself a few days off by writing some posts in advance and scheduling them to post automatically.

Learn to silence my overactive inner critic.
I'm still struggling with this goal. I know blog writing doesn't have to be perfect, but it's hard for me to loosen up and not nitpick everything. I don't want to present myself as a writer with sloppy blog writing. But I also can't invest too much time in writing perfect posts when I should be working on my novel.

Build discipline by writing posts even when I don't feel like it.
I definitely wrote posts even when I wasn't in the mood, and it wasn't easy making sure I had something to post everyday. Some posts were short, and I know they weren't all interesting or original, but I think I've made a good start. I hope I can keep it going. I'm a creature of habit, and blogging is starting to become a habit.

Develop my writing skills.
I have been developing my writing skills apart from the blog. I'm not sure if the blog is directly helping me to develop my writing skills. But it does make me more aware of my writing process and help me stay relatively focused.

Share what I learn from the writing process.
I've written a little about my experiences writing and I've shared some useful links. I hope to share more as I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment