Thursday, April 2, 2009

TV

The last episode of ER airs tonight and I think I will have seen every episode. I missed some during the early seasons, back before I recorded all my favorite shows on VCR and then DVR, but I later caught up with them on DVD.

I've always been a committed TV watcher. I prefer the serial format with continuing story lines over formulaic self-contained episodes. Once I decide to follow a TV series I want to see every single episode, so I don’t miss anything. If I get bored or frustrated with a show, I give it up cold turkey. It’s all or nothing for me.

I hate when a TV series ends before I’m ready to give it up, especially if the show-runners don’t have a chance to wrap up the story. But it can be satisfying to see a series end when the time is right.

Over all these years, I never lost interest in ER and tonight I will find out how the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment