Saturday, March 28, 2009

Accountability

Yesterday I wrote about feeling pressure to rush the creative process so I don’t lose momentum. I think an important factor in keeping up momentum is accountability.

One way I've made myself accountable is by committing to this blog. Every day when I write a new post I think about were I am in the writing process.

Also, I've told some family and friends that I’m working on a novel. They occasionally ask about my progress, and I want to always be able to say something positive.

1 comment:

  1. Ms Shea, all my friends and relatives avoid the subject of my novel-writing now: I tend to take over the conversation, given the chance!

    By the way, thank you for participating in my bloggers' pitch party today--it's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete