Friday, March 13, 2009

Inspiration

This week I've been doing a lot of cleaning. I hate cleaning, but sometimes when doing mundane tasks my mind wanders into an almost meditative state. (I must be in the mood for alliteration.) This state of mind often leads to my best ideas.

Most of my ideas come when I’m getting ready for work in the morning or drifting off to sleep at night. Probably because these are times when my mind tends to wander off on its own, rather like when I’m cleaning. Unfortunately, none of these times are convenient for writing things down, but so far I've managed to hang onto my thoughts until I find a scrap of paper.

Sometimes when I’m in a hurry I don’t want to get distracted by new ideas. But an important part of creativity is being receptive to inspiration whenever it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment