Saturday, March 21, 2009

Typing

My efforts to get organized and clear my mind have already been paying off. It’s much easier now to reference and add to my notes.

I took a nap this afternoon and while I was half-asleep I found a lot of new ideas floating around in my head. I got up and added these thoughts to my new master notes document on my laptop right away, instead of scribbling the key words on a scrap of paper like I sometimes do.

I can keep up with my thoughts when typing much more easily than writing by hand. I don’t mind hand-writing when I’m taking notes in a meeting or class, but it feels very slow and frustrating to hand-write my own thoughts.

I don’t know if I could write a novel if I had to do it with a quill or pen or even an old typewriter. Having to literally cut & paste instead of Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V seems so tedious!

No comments:

Post a Comment